Hemp Oil and CBD Oil are similar in most ways, this leads to a lot of confusion and the terms are used interchangeably. This is due to lack of knowledge both on the products and the uses. The difference is important to cash on the benefits of these products. However, there are important differences between the two. Let us delve into it in detail.
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil is made from a plant called Hemp. This oil can be extracted from the Cannabis genus plants in general but industrial hemp is primarily used to extract it. The amount of psychoactive substances in Hemp oil is minimal. Industrial seeds contain oil in their weight up to 50% this makes extraction easier.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD Oil is a short form of cannabidiol oil which is a naturally occurring component of industrial cannabis or hemp. It, however, is made from the leaves, flowers, and stalks of industrial hemp. Cannabinoids act on the receptors in your brain and are known to have therapeutic uses.
What are the Primary differences between them?
Both Hemp and CBD come from the same species of a plant. The differences are,
- lies in the number of cannabinoids that is THC and CBD they contain. Hemp oil has a low CBD (3.5%) while CBD oil has about 20% CBD. This greatly changes their uses and benefits.
- The part of the plant that is used for the production of oil also differs. Hemp is produced from the seeds while CBD is from leaves, flowers.
- Production procedure is another area where they differ. Hemp oil is made by pressing just like coconut oil and the oil is extracted. CBD oil is produced by a more complex process called Solvent Extraction. A solvent i.e. CO2 or alcohol is forced down through the matter and that demarcates the cannabinoids. Then, the solvent is forced to evaporate and this leaves behind CBD oil.
What are the Uses of Hemp Oil?
- Hemp oil can be found in Soaps, lotions due to its high content of omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids. This makes it an excellent natural moisturizer.
- Hemp Oil contains gamma-linolenic acid which maintains hormonal health and gives provides balance.
- It is good for diabetes and can be a great food additive due to low sugar content.
- It can also be used in the paints production that is eco-friendly
- Prevention of Psoriasis is also possible due to Hemp oil as they have Omega-6fatty acids
What are the Uses of CBD oil?
- CBD oil can be used in the treatment of Cancer
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease by not allowing a social recognition deficit to arise in subjects
- CBD oil is used in the treatment of epilepsy
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that could help relieve chronic pain and acne
- Insomnia can also be treated with CBD oil
Where to buy Hemp and CBD oil?
Hemp and CBD oil are popular for their benefits. They are available on e-commerce sites selling these items specifically and large multi-brand e-commerce retailers. Stores like Greenwellnesslife, Endoca, Cannainsider and Madebyhemp offer personalized, cold pressed hemp and 100% naturally extracted CBD. They also run their own discounts and offers for the products. Hemp and CBD are also available on Amazon.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest updates
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.